Friday, July 20, 2018

Are you a Dog or a Squirrel?


Bark. Bark. Bark.

Every day, my little dogs constantly bark at the squirrels through the window. The dogs are inside on the couch while the squirrels are outside raiding the the bird feeder. I'm pretty sure both find the activity enjoyable.  Me, not so much.

The dogs tails wag wildly as they bark non-stop. Meanwhile, the squirrels jump from the tree branch on to the feeder, grab seeds and hop down. Ignoring the barks, the pesky squirrels sit on the grass munching out while staring toward the window. 

This brings me to consider. Am I more like the dogs or the squirrels?

Do I make noise and criticize others as they take chances? Do I work as hard as those that are willing to go out on a limb?  Is it easier for me to find excuses than to take risks? After all, its much safer to remain inside, protected by a screen than to be out there exposing myself to criticism and doubt. It could be some of us prefer to do the talking than to be out there being talked about.

I think I'd rather be the squirrel in this case. The go-getter that takes chances and tries new things. I want to think I'm on track to becoming more successful by going out on a limb (pun intended) and ignoring the "barks" from critics. Yes taking chances and working hard is not the easy way. 


In my opinion, its better to one day say I did my best than to wonder what if.

What about you? Are you the dog or the squirrel? If you are more like my little yappy dogs, what are you planning to do about it?

Happy Reading!!



Picture of Marty, the squirrel

No comments:

Post a Comment