Friday, July 27, 2018

Life in the Writer's Lane


I'm fat.

There I've said it.  Bring on the comments about how I shouldn't put myself down.  Body shaming.  blah blah blah.  My ass needs to lose weight. Hard to do when I hate exercising and love eating.

I'm beautiful.

There is such a thing as feeling great about yourself despite not liking some things.  Whether it's gray hair, extra pounds, stretch marks or whatever.  Beauty is not physical as much as it is internal.  It's a state of mind.

I am successful.

No matter your position, how much money you make or how many people call you famous, you can be whoever you want to be. In my opinion, success is measure by friendships, impacts on others and being the best you possible.

I'm tired of writing...sometimes

Every writer gets tired of it.  Some days I wake up and want to be normal.  I want the stories in my head to stop. It's hard to have a mind that won't stop whirling.  I suppose I'm tired because it's hard to sleep.  

I love being me.

One day maybe I'll retire as a writer, I'm thinking maybe in ten years, or maybe fifteen.  For now, I'm excited to see what my future hold.  I will keep being me.  Hildie, the fat, beautiful, successful writer!

Happy Reading!





1 comment: