Thursday, December 20, 2018

The End of a Great Year

Two important things to consider doing at the end of the year...

REFLECTION

RENEWAL


Reflection:  As I look back over 2018, I am mostly pleased.  However I will be remiss if I don't note what I would have done differently.

I would have spent more time in the moment and not so much time allowing my mind to wander to what came next.

I would have done more things that are simple but give me joy. Feeding the birds in my yard, reading on the back porch, meditating and journaling.

I would have been more intentional and focused on what worked best for my career and not what pleased others.

Things I am pleased about include going on girlfriend trips.  A day trip with my husband that we both enjoyed tremendously.  I laughed a lot with friends at lunches and while visiting one another.  I continued to pursue my hobbies and made new, wonderful friends through them.

I am also glad I took time to stretch my boundaries and wrote in different genres. This gives me a clearer idea of what direction to head in 2019.

A New Start:  The main thing that I take with me into 2019 is the word "Intentional".  I plan to be more intentional about what I do, say and how I spend my time.

I will say "no" to things that won't further my career and take time away from what I enjoy doing with my friends and family.

I will write down a plan so that I have a clearer purpose of what I set out to accomplish.

Lastly, I will be KIND.  Do my bet to spread kindness into this world that needs it so desparately.

So dear friends, I urge you to consider what you would have liked to change about 2018 and take this information forward to the new year so that you can be clearer and more focused. It's best to be prepared so that at the end of the year when you reflect, the list of things you are glad for is much longer than the list of regrets.

Happy Holidays for those of you that celebrate and I wish you an amazing and fruitful 2019!!


1 comment:

  1. Yeah, the EndoYear...
    yet, aint no end to eternity, Maw.
    CHOOSE
    I have faith you'll
    make the RITE choice.
    Cya...

    ReplyDelete